Gene Simmons is a multi-hyphenate entrepreneur and one of the world’s most recognized personalities.
Simmons co-founded KISS, America’s #1 Gold Record Award Winning Group of all time, in all categories (RIAA).
- KISS has sold over 100 million CDs and DVDs worldwide, and continues to sell out stadiums and arenas around the world, breaking box-office records set by Elvis and The Beatles.
- KISS also boasts over 3,000 licensed / merchandise items and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame at the 2014 induction ceremony. The band has also been recognized with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for its pioneering work. KISS is now celebrating its 43rd anniversary and gearing up for a Spring/Summer European tour.
He is co-founding partner of ROCK AND BREWS restaurants. Locations include the Delta terminal in LAX; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; El Segundo,and Redondo Beach, California; Paia, Maui; Orlando, Florida; Albuquerque, New Mexico; and many more sites nationwide, including the very 1st ROCK AND BREWS CASINO & RESORT (in collaboration with the Kaw Nation) just breaking ground in Oklahoma.
Simmons film and TV accolades include:
- Starring in his own reality show, GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS (A&E) for 9 seasons / 167 episodes, and GENE SIMMONS ROCK SCHOOL (VH1) for two seasons.
- Creating MR. ROMANCE (Oxygen) and the cartoon MY DAD THE ROCK STAR (Nickelodeon).
- Co-producing the film DETROIT ROCK CITY (New Line).
- Co-starring in Tristar’s RUNAWAY (Michael Crichton Writer/Director), New World’s WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, and EXTRACT (Writer/Director Mike Judge), among other films.
- Gene Simmons and WWE launched EREBUS PICTURES. Erebus will fully fund, and produce elevated horror motion pictures, starting with the high concept action/ thrillers.
- Launching two new ventures – MOTION ™ Pictures, a fully-funded motion picture company that will produce and finance its own films; and SIREN ™, which likewise is fully-funded and will engage in a variety of ventures, including real estate and other acquisitions.
Other music ventures include:
- Managing the recording career of Liza Minnelli
- Discovering the rock band Van Halen.
- Manufacturing and selling his own line of AXE ™ and PUNISHER ™ basses and guitars.
- In 2017, Gene Simmons launched TITANS OF ROCK ™ a touring music festival. Launching in 2017, with a 20 city tour.
- GENE SIMMONS MASTER CLASS events, where students got to learn to play an instrument and write their own songs.
Simmons continues to be a highly sought after Keynote Speaker for private and corporate events, through his GENE SIMMONS RICH AND FAMOUS EXPOS venture, is in the midst of writing his seventh book, ON POWER (Dey Books/Harper Collins), after his sixth best selling book “ME, Inc.” (It/Harper Collins), and is in the midst of launching a joint venture with an asset management entity to form a new Family Office (soon to be named.).
Other Collaborations Include:
- KISS Golf Course – Las Vegas. The first location, so far.
- KISS & Hello Kitty – team up for a co-branded KISS HELLO KITTY lic/merch campaign in 90 countries.
- KISS & Dr. Pepper – two TV commercials, featuring Gene as Dr. Love, and a Dr Pepper nationwide Radio Spot.
- KISS Pepsi – TV commercial.
- KISS Coca Cola – has put Gene’s face on their bottles in France.
- KISS Holiday Inn – TV commercial.
- KISS Visa Cards – in association with various banks.
- KISSOLOGY VOL I, VOL II, and VOL III – have sold an astonishing 20 X PLATINUM (Sales are only for North America).
- KISS/Cannon camera – debuted in Japan, with TV commercial, billboards and posters.